Did you know that you can lose weight through juicing? However, all juices are not made equally; while some are unhealthy, others are healthy and great for weight loss. Juices that have high vegetable content and low fruits are healthy. But are juicing recipes for weight loss effective?
Juicing is an excellent way to lose weight, especially if you avoid adding unnecessary sugar and focus predominantly on vegetable juices. Green juice, for example, celery, green veggie, and lemon-ginger green juices, are the best homemade juices. Amla, pomegranate, bitter gourd, and carrot juices burn belly fat. In 3 days of green juicing, many individuals have reported losing about 10 pounds!
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. In this article, I will share the best weight-loss juicing recipe that you’ll love without adding sweaters. So, continue reading.
Is Juicing a Good Way To Lose Weight
Yes, juicing is an excellent way to lose weight. However, there’s a million-dollar question:
Why are these weight-loss juicing recipes effective?
Simply put, some contain high water content, provide natural support for your body's natural detox pathways, and contain anti-inflammatory properties! Juicing can provide a solid cornerstone to a healthier lifestyle and be a significant factor in consuming a balanced diet contributing to your fat loss and weight loss journey.
According to research, drinking a lot of water keeps you full, reducing the need to eat. Consequently, you lose weight. Likewise, high water-content juices keep you full, eliminating the need to snack or overeat.
On the other hand, research shows that taking low-calorie juices or burning calories is effective in weight loss. So, when you take low-calorie juices, you must see your weight go down. Good examples of low-calorie juices include lemon juice and lime juices.
Juices, such as Amla, increase metabolism, thereby burning fat. Hence ideal for weight loss. In addition, some juices contain conjugated linolenic acid, antioxidants, and polyphenols, which boost the metabolism rate and burn fat. Other types of fresh juice suppress your appetite, reducing overeating, which aids in weight loss, and provides numerous other health benefits.
Best Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss
The most effective juicing recipes for weight loss are:
- Amla Juice
- Celery juice
- Carrot juice
- Watermelon juice
- Bitter gourd juice
- Green juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Lemon-ginger green juice
Celery Juice Recipe
Celery juice has several health benefits, including reducing weight, reducing cancer risks, improving blood circulation, reducing constipation, and supporting your detox pathways. Whole celery keeps your body feeling fuller for longer than a regular glass of juice and helps your body to absorb more fiber, which maintains gut health and aids in weight loss. Celery juice also has immense benefits for the skin, as it fights inflammation and delays the early signs of aging.
How To Make Celery Juice: Using a Juicer
- 2 Bunches of celery
Add a green apple and/or a slice of ginger if you need something to make your celery juice taste better.
- Cut off the base of celery and the top of their stalks
- Carefully wash the stalks and rinse them under running water or in a colander
- Turn on the juicer and extract the juice from the celery by feeding it through the juicer tube
Serve when ready and take immediately
How To Make Celery Juice: Using a Blender
- 2 bunches of celery
- ½ cup of clean drinking water
As mentioned earlier, add a green apple and/or a slice of ginger if you need something to make your celery juice taste better.
Celery juice blender directions
- Cut off the base of celery and the top of their stalks
- Wash and rinse them under running water or in a colander
- Cut the stalks into small pieces of 1 inch and place them in the base of the blender
- Add water into the blender and cover.
- Blend the stalk until they're smooth for drinking.
- After placing a nut milk bag over a pitcher’s mouth, pour your juice and squeeze it with clean hands. Alternatively, use a fine mesh sieve.
- Serve and take immediately. Store the leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container.
To improve the taste of your celery juice, add lemon, green apples, ginger, or pineapple fruit juices. The best way to drink celery juice is by running it through a juicer or blending it at high speed. It’s okay to take celery juice every morning. Better still, the first thing before taking anything.
Carrot Juice Recipe
Homemade carrot juice is excellent for boosting the immune system, eye and skin improvement, and weight loss. Drinking carrot juice daily is good, but don’t exceed 4 ounces, as too much would cause your skin to have a yellowish tint, a condition referred to as carotenemia. It’s best to drink carrot juice in the morning.
How To Make a Carrot Juice at Home Using a Juicer
- 250 grams of carrots
- ½ cup of water
- Thoroughly scrub carrots using a vegetable scrub and rinse under running water or in a colander.
- To make it easy for the juicer to glide the carrots and to improve the quality of your juice, soak your clean carrots in clean water for at least 30 minutes before juicing
- After cutting off both ends, cut the carrots into fine slices, put them into the juicer through the tuber, and extract the juice.
- Serve soon after it’s ready.
** If you need to add something to improve the taste, an apple, a slice of ginger, and/or an orange helps.
How To Make Carrot Juice at Home Using A Blender
- Thoroughly wash and scrub the carrots using a vegetable scrub.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water or in a colander
- Cut the carrots into fine slices or 1-inch cubes and then put them into the blender’s base
- Add water and blend at high speed for at least 20 to 45 seconds
- Pour the juice into a nut milk bag and squeeze it into a clean jar using your hands to extract the juice
- Take immediately
Bitter Gourd Recipe (Also Known as Bitter Melon)
Not only does bitter gourd help with weight loss, but it also improves your skin's appearance, improves your eye health, supports your respiratory system, improves sleep quality, supports your liver, and lowers inflammation.
- 130 grams (2 pieces) of Bitter gourds
- ½ cup of drinking water
- A pinch of salt to reduce bitterness
- (Optional) 2 sticks of celery
- (Optional) 1 lime
How to Make Bitter Gourd (Karela) Juice Using a Blender
- Clean the bitter gourds thoroughly and rinse them under running water
- Cut the karela into two halves and then use a clean spoon to remove the seeds and then scoop out the seeds
- Cut the karela into small cubes and put them in a blender
- Add water, celery, lime, and salt, and then blend
- Use a sieve to extract the juice
The best way to consume bitter gourd (bitter melon) is by extracting its juice using a juicer or a blender. To reduce the bitter taste in the bitter gourd, add some salt and then leave it to rest before rinsing it.
Pomegranate Juice Recipe
Pomegranates provide antioxidants, vitamin C, and polyphenol compounds. Drinking as little as two ounces of pomegranate juice daily lowers blood pressure, improves cholesterol, cleanses arteries, reduces inflammation, reduces oxidation, and rejuvenates dry, dull skin.
- 6 Pomegranates
If your pomegranate is ripe enough, you shouldn't need any sweeteners. However, if it is a bit tart, simply add a bit of maple syrup.
How Do You Make Juice From Pomegranate?
- Clean the pomegranate, rinse, and wipe it with a clean kitchen towel
- Cut off the crown-like part to expose the star-shaped skin that separates the pomegranates seeds into five sections
- Slightly cut along that star-like section (don’t cut to the bottom)
- Hold the fruit in your palms and gently and slightly open it (all sides) to separate the star-shaped skin from the seeds
- Pull out the star-shaped skin and remove any seeds that may be stuck there
- Use your hands to remove the rest of the seeds from the pomegranate skin
- Put the seeds in the blender and blend
- Using a strainer, strain out the seeds and pulp
- Use a rubber spatula to press the pulp and seeds against the sieve to extract all the juice
For the best pomegranate combination, consider apple, orange, and grape juices. You can take 8 to 12 Oz of pomegranate daily, first thing in the morning. Apart from being ideal for weight loss, pomegranate juice treats high blood pressure, heart attack, high blood cholesterol, and congestive heart failure.
Lemon-Ginger Green Juice
- ¼ water
- Thoroughly wash and rinse all the ingredients under running water or in a colander.
- Use the back of your knife or spoon to peel the ginger before juicing
- If you wish, peel the cucumber. It’s better not to peel if it’s organically grown because the peels have great nutritional benefits but are also bitter.
- Lemon peels are incredibly bitter, so peel them
How To Make Lemon-Ginger Green Juice Using A Blender
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Add water and blend at high speed until the solution is smooth
- Use a fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag to get rid of the pulp and seeds
- Serve once it’s ready
Ginger lemon juice is ideal for losing weight because it reduces the urge to eat. Since ginger lemon juice also contains antioxidants and vitamin C, it boosts immunity. If you have some ginger-lemon juice leftovers, please store them in an airtight bottle and consume them within 2 to 3 days.
Green Juice Recipe
Green Juices often have the reputation of being a bit bitter. But adding in some green apples and kiwis sweetens it up quite a bit. Plus, kiwi gives you more vitamin C than most other fruits or veggies while also providing vitamin K.
- 1 fresh green apple
- 2 small kiwi fruits
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of water
- Wash all the ingredients thoroughly and give them a few minutes to dry
- Cut off the ends of the kiwi fruits and then peel them
- Cut the apple into four and remove the middle part that has some seeds
- Cut the celery into two halves
- Peel the ginger using the end of your knife or spoon and chop it
Green juice Recipe-Using a blender
- Add all the ingredients (ginger, kiwi, apple, spinach, celery, and water) into the blender.
- Cover the blender and blend at high speed until the solution is smooth
- Strain out the pulp using a fine mesh sieve
- Take it as soon as it’s ready
Green juices boost the immune system and increase the production of red blood cells. Also, green juices control body inflammation. In addition, they're filling, thus great for weight loss. However, depending on the ingredients, drinking green juice daily isn’t safe as it hurts the kidney and blood sugar. So, take 2 to 3 cups a week; increase if you feel comfortable.
Watermelon Juice Recipe
Watermelon juice is an excellent choice for losing weight, improving cardiovascular health, reducing stress, increasing energy, and providing anti-aging effects.
- A 6-pound watermelon
To improve the taste, you could add a splash of lime.
How To Make Watermelon Juice Using A Blender
- Remove the rind and cut the watermelon into cubes
- Place it in the blender’s base
- Cover the blender with its lid and blend until its smooth
- Strain out the pulp and seeds using a fine mesh sieve or a clean nut milk bag
- Serve when it's ready and consume it immediately
You can mix watermelon with other fruits, for example, bananas and pineapples. Strawberries and mangoes also mix well with watermelon flavor.
Amla Juice Recipe (Gooseberry)
Alma (Indian Gooseberry) juice contains many health benefits, including antioxidant and weight loss properties, and improves hair, skin, and gut health. It also supports respiratory, musculoskeletal, menstrual, and cardiovascular wellness.
- 4 Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- 2 Tablespoons of local honey
- ½ cup of filtered drinking water
- (Optional) 1 pinch of salt
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of cardamom
Alma Juice Recipe (Using a Blender)
- Clean the amla fruit, rinse, and dry with a clean kitchen towel
- Cut the amla fruits into small sizes
- Place them into the base of the blender and add water
- Cover the blender and blend until smooth
- Sieve using a fine mesh sieve and take immediately (preferably on an empty stomach)
Amla juice is great for losing weight and boosting hair growth. It also boosts body immunity. Add cumin (roasted jeera) powder to improve the Amla juice's taste. You can take amla juice daily if you’re not diabetic or allergic. Why? Amla drastically lowers blood sugar levels and may cause bleeding in people who are allergic. So, consult with your doctor before taking it.
Is Juicing a Good Way To Lose Weight?
Yes, juicing is a great way to lose weight, especially when you normalize taking a glass of your choice juice first thing in the morning. However, do not take more than the recommended quantity. Also, seek medical advice, as some juices may trigger allergic reactions.
What Juices Burn Belly Fat
For belly fat, take celery juice, cinnamon juice, or beetroot juice first thing in the morning. Beetroots have high fiber content and essential nutrients, hence making you feel full.
Cinnamon reduces overeating and cravings because of its ability to control blood sugar levels.
What if You Have Difficulty Finding the Right Ingredients Locally?
There is always a way to figure out how to find the right ingredients. If you're like my mom, who struggles to find fresh produce in her area (a small town in gardening zone 4), or you are stuck with a grocery store where most of the produce is rotting on the shelves (we've been there!)… there are other alternatives.
I like the idea of growing everything you can or networking with local farms to purchase what you need while it is in season, then dehydrate, freeze-dry, or can what you're able. Of course, this takes a lot of advanced planning to figure out how much you'll need of what, and then prepare it for long-term storage.
My favorite solution is purchasing the Juice Bar in a Bag from Purium (more on that in a moment), where your produce is already prepared for you in a simple-to-use powder.
Which Homemade Juice Is Best for Weight Loss?
Several juices are great for weight loss, for example;
- Beet juice
- Celery juice
- Carrot juice
- Watermelon juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Lemon ginger green juice
Normalize taking any of these juices first thing in the morning for the best results. Nevertheless, it’s always advisable to consult your doctor before taking any of these juice, especially if you’re allergic or have chronic diseases like diabetes.
The Easiest Way to Juice for Weight Loss
There are a few main ways to prepare your juice in advance. One is processing your produce by dehydrating or freeze-drying, as mentioned earlier in this post. Another good idea is to purchase it already done for you.
As a busy mom and entrepreneur, I always appreciate the time and thought-saving healthy hacks that promote wellness without adding stress. My favorite way to quickly make juice without the mess, during busy life seasons, and without needing to focus on recipes comes from the “Juice Bar in a Bag” from Purium.
Don't miss our Juice Bar in a Bag review to see how it helped support our family's healthy lifestyle mission.
Simply add a spoonful of whichever juice powder you want (or a spoonful of each), shake it in some water, and drink. This simple method of juicing has been a sanity saver with life feeling complicated and an over-full calendar.
For best results with juicing recipes for weight loss, it's best to prepare just enough to avoid having leftovers. If you do end up with leftovers, store them in the fridge and consume them within 2 to 3 days to avoid loss of nutrients. You can also freeze your favorite recipes into ice cubes to use with future batches.
Another vital thing to remember is to buy fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables. If you cannot grow organic fruits and veggies, only buy from stores that sell organic foods to avoid consuming harmful chemicals. Remember, you’ll be taking the fruits and veggies raw. So, keep off non-organic farm produce.