Do you feel tired or weak? How about you consider these juicing recipes for energy? However, you don’t have to feel weak or tired to take these energizing juices! They’re for everyone who wants to stay healthy and energic throughout the day. My favorite juice recipes use fresh fruits and vegetables, providing essential vitamins and nutrients and a solid cornerstone for healthy lifestyles.
Juicing can give you energy and, in many cases, can even stop the need for your morning coffee (which is what happened to my husband). After spending 15 years in the military, my husband was addicted to coffee, needing to drink 2-3 pots of coffee per day to feel somewhat functional (similar to my parents working in the medical field). We spent 2 months regularly juicing as part of our alternative medicine protocols to help him through some health stuff. Little did we know at the time that juicing would help him heal, help me lose weight, and give us a boost of energy we desperately needed to keep up with our younger kids. This morning, while talking at the kitchen table during our morning routine, he mentioned he no longer required to drink a cup of coffee in the morning but enjoyed it and knew it had some health benefits, but he was thankful to no longer need it. I found our results fascinating, and after talking with some of my clients and other moms in my network, I realized this was a common trend: juicing reduces dependence on coffee and other energy-enhancing supplements.
My favorite part: they don’t take long to make, especially if you have the right juicer.
Thankfully, these recipes only take a brief moment to prepare, and most powerhouse ingredients are easy to grow in your home garden.
If you have the best juicing recipes for energy, you feel more energized throughout the day. So, it’s best to take these homemade juices in the morning or use them as part of your detox or juice-fasting program.
So, let’s discuss these popular recipes you can take to boost energy.
Kale Juice Recipe
Since kale juice contains vitamin C, it’s an excellent energy booster you should take before working out or after waking up. Taking kale juice every day is also good as it increases the good cholesterol while decreasing the bad one. However, since kale is highly bitter, adding 1.5 oz of cucumber juice and 5 oz of apple juice is good. The best way to juice kale is by using a blender or a juicer.
Ingredients (With a blender)
- 1 bunch of Kales
- ½ glass of clean drinking water
- Thoroughly wash and rinse the kales and allow them to dry
- Soften the kales by soaking them in water for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Cut into small pieces or blend them whole
- Put your kales in the blender and add water
- Cover and blend until smooth
- Strain using a clean sieve, and take your healthy green juice immediately
Apple Juice Recipe
I’ll never forget sitting in a restaurant in Manama, Bahrain (an island in the Persian Gulf), where I ordered an apple juice to go with my lunch. I’ve never seen someone interpret “apple juice” as popping 3 cold green apples into a blender with a splash of water and serving it. This happened back in 2005, way before juicing and smoothies were mainstream, but I was humbled by how delicious it tasted compared to what I was used to at the store. And surprisingly, yes, it did provide a natural energy boost… so much so that I refuse to allow my kids to drink apple juice too close to bedtime.
Since apple juice contains carbohydrates and 88 percent water, it’s a great energy source. Feeling fatigue is one sign that your body needs a detox. Simple juicing recipes for energy, especially those that contain apples, work wonders in cleansing your body.
Apples contain antioxidants that detoxify your body.
So, here’s how to make simple healthy detox juice in just minutes!
Apple Juice Ingredients
- 2 large Apples
- Filtered water (Enough to cover the apples)
- Wash, rinse, and allow the apples to dry (or dry them using a clean kitchen towel)
- Remove the seeds by coring your apples
- Cut the apples into small sizes
- Grab your apples and place them in the blender’s base
- Add water and cover the blender and blend
- Take immediately
Tomato Juice Recipe
Drinking tomato juice helps to remove toxins from your body, acts as an excellent energy booster, and rejuvenates your health. Add apples, cucumbers, and olive juices if you dislike the tomato juice taste.
So, how do you make tomato juice?
Tomato Juice Ingredients
- 4 Fresh ripe tomatoes
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbs lemon juice (optional)
You could also sprinkle in some black pepper, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, celery salt, chili powder, or hot sauce for additional seasoning, but all of those are optional.
- Clean all tomatoes, rinse, and allow to dry or dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl of water and boil.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked tomatoes from the hot water and put them in the blender.
- Add water, cover the blender, and then blend until smooth
- Strain to separate the juice from the pulp and the seeds
- Pour your juice into a glass and take
Banana Juice Recipe
Bananas aren’t as juicy as some fruits, such as melons; hence they’re better blended than juiced. Drinking banana juice is good because it contains natural sugars that energize your body. Besides, banana juice also contains potassium which is great for fighting heart diseases. When refrigerated, banana juice lasts 2 to 3 days but must be stored in an airtight container.
Here’s the best banana juicing recipe for energy.
- 4 big ripe bananas
- 1 glass of milk, water, or nut-milk (almond, cashew, coconut)
- A pinch of salt
- Wash the bananas before peeling them.
- Remove the skin and put the bananas in a blender (cut into two if they’re big)
- Add milk /water (water is a better option if you want to reduce calories)
- Sieve your banana juice and add salt (optional)
- Take immediately.
Orange Juice Recipe
Natural orange juice tastes exponentially better than store-bought orange juices. Naturally, it contains flavor, sugar, and citric acid, providing an extra energy boost. You can add lime, grapefruit, and lemon juice to your orange juice to make the best orange juicing recipes for energy to drink.
Here’s how to make orange juice at home in less than 3 minutes.
- 3 oranges
- ½ glass of water
- Wash the oranges, rinse, and dry
- Peel and remove the white membrane (optional)
- Cut the oranges into halves and remove the seeds (optional)
- Put the oranges in the blender and add water
- Cover the blender and blend until the orange juice is smooth
- Strain the fresh juice and serve
Spinach Juice Recipe
You can drink raw spinach juice daily on an empty stomach because it increases blood, which, when low, makes you feel fatigued. Other health benefits of drinking this healthy juice include preserving blood alkalinity and preventing acid reflux.
Besides, drinking a glass of this juice daily frees you from arthritis! Already looking for the best spinach juicing recipes for energy? I got you covered.
- 250 grams of spinach
- Cut off the roots and then wash the spinach thoroughly until clean
- Cut the spinach into small pieces using a knife
- Juice your spinach leaves (preferably using a slow juicer)
- Serve your energizing juice and take it immediately
Beetroot Juicing Recipes for Energy
Beetroot contains mineral, potassium, and electrolyte, which helps keep the muscles and nerves healthy. Therefore, drinking beet juice every day would be a great energy booster.
You must not cook beetroots to juice; a good juicer will do the job! If you wish, add lime, pineapple, and berry juices to have great results with your beetroot juicing recipes for energy.
Wondering how to make beetroot juice for drinking? Keep reading.
- 3 Beetroots (with their leaves)
Additional (Optional) Ingredients
- 2 Apples
- 2 limes/Lemons
- 1 small fresh ginger
- 2 Carrots, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Clean the beetroots, limes/oranges, carrots, apples, ginger, and beetroot leaves in clean water (you can add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water).
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from beetroot stains.
- Cut off the beetroot stems and peel the beets.
- Chop the beetroots and put them aside.
- Cut off the part that connects to the stem, and then peel the carrots (optional)
- Cut into small cubes and place them aside, too.
- Remove the apple seeds by coring.
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Peel the ginger and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the limes, cut them into halves, and remove the seeds.
- Add all the ingredients (in small quantities) into the juicer through the feeder.
- Cover the juicer and process until smooth.
Beetroot Juice Recipe (In the Blender)
- 3 Beetroots (with their leaves)
- 1 glass of filtered water
Additional Ingredients (Optional)
- 2 Apples (can be green or red apples)
- 2 limes/Lemons
- 1 small fresh ginger root
- 2 Carrots
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar to a basin of clean water
- Clean the beetroots and their leaves, limes, apples, carrots, and ginger
- Rinse them and allow about 10 minutes to dry
- Beetroot stains the hands, so wear gloves
- Cut off the beetroot stems and then scrape off the skin
- Cut your beets into small cubes and put them in a bowl
- Peel the carrots and cut off the part that connects to the stems
- Peel or use a scraper to remove the skin, and then cut the carrots into small cubes and put them in the bowl
- Remove the seeds from the apples through coring
- Cut the apples into four and set them aside
- Use a scraper to remove the ginger’s skin and then chop it
- Peel your limes (you can use lemons as an alternative)
- Remove the seeds after cutting the limes into halves
- Add water into the blender and other ingredients in small quantities as you process to extract the juice
- Sieve to extract your delicious juice
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and drink them within three days
Pineapple Juice Recipe
Bananas, grapes, mangoes, and oranges, are some fruits that can be mixed with pineapple. Also, if you’re looking for simple juicing recipes for energy, combine apple juice and pears juice, as they blend well with pineapple juice. While adding milk to your pineapple juice doesn’t make it toxic, it may make your milk curdled.
How to make pineapple juice for energy?
- ½ regular-size ripe and fresh pineapple
- ½ cup of filtered water
- 3 ice cubes
- Thoroughly wash the pineapple using a dishwasher
- Use a knife to remove the skin and cut the pineapple into small cubes
- Add water and pineapples to the blender
- Cover and blend until smooth
- Pour the solution through a sieve
- Use a spatula to extract the juice quickly.
- Add one ice cube and the extracted juice to a glass
- Serve as soon as it’s ready
Pineapple juice is a great juice to keep on hand because it is beneficial for your immune system and helpful if you’re looking for relief from coughing because of an itchy or scratchy throat.
Strawberry Juice Recipe
You’ll need a juicer or a blender to make strawberry juice at home. If you wish to add other fruits such as lime, bananas, melon, and pineapple, strawberry juice is purely made from strawberry fruits. Strawberry juice lowers blood pressure, increases blood circulation, and boosts the immune system; hence it’s advisable to take it.
- Ripe strawberries (1 cup)
- I lemon/lime
- 1 glass of drinking water
- 1 ice cube
- Cut off the strawberry leaves and wash the fruits and lime until clean
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and add to the blender
- Peel the lime
- Remove the lime’s white membrane and cut the lime into two
- Remove the seeds and add the lime to the blender
- Add water, cover, and blend until the ingredients are smooth
- Extract the juice using a fine metal sieve
- Put the ice cube in a glass and add the extracted strawberry juice
- Take and refrigerate the leftover (drink any leftovers within two or three days)
This strawberry juice is one of our favorites for summertime when our strawberry plants are ready for harvest. My 5-year-old loves adding peeled lemon to it for a sweet strawberry lemonade.
Watermelon Juice Recipe
Homemade watermelon juice is great because it contains natural sugars that boost your energy. In addition, it is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant product because it contains lycopene.
Due to its flavonoids and carotenoid contents, this homemade juice excellently fights against free radicals. Fruits that mix well with watermelon include bananas, pineapple, strawberries, and mangoes. Coconut, lemon, and cucumber mix well with the watermelon flavor, making them excellent fruits for juicing recipes for energy.
How to make a watermelon drink at home?
- 1 cup of chopped watermelon
- ½ lemon/Lime (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Clean the lemon, mint, and watermelon and allow 3 minutes to dry
- Cut the melon into halves, store one half, and remove the seeds from the other half
- Peel the melon and chop it
- Add the watermelon to the blender
- Cut the lemon into two, store one half, and remove the seeds from the other half.
- Use a citrus squeezer to extra juice from the lemon
- Add the extracted lemon juice to the blender
- Chop the mint and add them to the blender
- Cover the blender and blend (you don’t need to add water as 90 percent of watermelon is water)
- Blend until the melon is completely smooth
- Strain the syrup using a sieve
- Take your delicious fresh energy juice immediately
The watermelon, lemon, and mint make the perfect combo, but the best thing about making your juice at home is to experiment and figure out which options you like the most.
The Best Juices for Fatigue
Juicing helps when you feel fatigued. However, not all juices are great for boosting energy and fighting fatigue. Kales, spinach, watermelon, lemon/lime, and apple juices are great for a fatigued person.
Whether you take the juice on a hot afternoon, in the morning soon after waking up, or after high-intensity workouts, they’ll refresh you and eliminate fatigue.
If you juice daily and take the right foods (as advised by your doctor or nutritionist), it may take about 3 to 5 days to notice a higher energy level. So, for solid results, it may take about 2 weeks, depending on your health status, before starting juicing.
Therefore, juicing gives energy and is excellent for the healthy, the sick, kids, and adults. Nevertheless, always ask your doctor which juices are right for you and how often to take them.
Which Juice Is Best in the Morning
Kale, apple, tomato, and orange fruits are the best to consider for morning juicing recipes for energy. Taking juice in the morning on an empty stomach is a great way to boost your daily energy levels and keep you full longer.
Apple, pineapple, watermelon, kale, tomato, strawberry, and the other fruits and vegetables I have discussed above are great for juice recipes for energy. Therefore, they’re ideal for taking in the morning.
However, unless advised so by the doctor, it’s not good to take the same juice every other day. For energy boosting and excellent results, take a different juice each day for about a week because there are so many fruits out there.
Simplify Your Juicing Experience: Prepare Your Juice in Advance
Undoubtedly, juicing takes a little time and effort to make and clean. You may feel overwhelmed trying to figure out how to include it with so much happening around you but don't feel discouraged. Juicing can even benefit those of us with crazy busy lives.
Another excellent benefit to juicing is that it is easy to have a big meal-prepping day when you make all your juice for the next several days in one go. You can store them in large mason jars for the refrigerator, which helps keep your juice fresh. You will have them ready to grab and go on busy mornings or in the afternoon when you need more natural energy.
My family often makes a juice mix in a shaker bottle is a good way to take our juicing routine with us while we are on the go. It’s fast, easy, and only requires adding some water, shaking to mix, and enjoying a quick nutrition boost when we need it the most.
All you need is a juicer and some fruits and vegetables. There are many recipes and a lot of great information available online or in various books.
If you’re not ready to invest in a juicer or are like many individuals who live in “snow-country” where finding fresh veggies to juice is a bit more complicated but still want to give juicing a try, check out my favorite pre-made juice mixes, “Juice Bar In A Bag.”
- Read more about Juice Bar in a Bag, plus my family's personal review (juicing the easy way)
Many Benefits of Juicing
Juicing has many benefits in addition to increasing your energy.
- Juicing enables you to absorb many micronutrients
- Your body gets a chance to repair itself
- You will lose weight
- Your pH may stabilize
- Improve Focus
- Improve the strength of your hair, skin, and nails
- Uplift your mood
- Support Your Cardiovascular System
- Support Your Liver
- Improve your immune system
- Increases your hydration
See the full article about juicing health benefits
How To Get Started Juicing
Why not give juice fasting a chance and see what it can do for your mind and body? Give your body a rest from complex digestion over the years. If you give your body a break, it will surprise you in many wonderful ways.
To get started, pick up some freeze-dried and powdered fruits and veggies or make your own cold-pressed juice from the fruits and veggies you purchase from the store or grow in your garden.
Read the original article here.
This article was produced and syndicated by Motherhood Truth